At the beginning of each school year you must rollover your students into their new Academic Levels (Year Level), set the new Academic Period, and add the newest Cohort before importing any students or form classes. This process can be run as the last process of the outgoing year, or the first process of the incoming new year.
Note: This process will not update your Form classes. Form classes must be updated after you have completed the rollover and updated Academic Periods, by importing a patron file containing Form classes. Click here to see the Form class update solution after completion of the rollover.
Hints and Tips before you start
- Cohorts are ordered first by Academic Level and then by Cohort name
- Check your Cohorts are in the correct order of Lowest to Highest by Academic Level
Arranging Academic Levels in Correct Order
Go to > System cog > Cohorts > Academic levels
If your Cohorts are not in Academic Level of Lowest to Highest
- Use the Drag and drop icons to drag them into descending order
- Once your Cohorts are in order of Lowest to Highest level by Academic Level you can start the
- End of Year/Start of year Rollover
1. Click Cohorts
3. Confirm your Academic Level order then Click to proceed
4. check the new Academic Period presented is the correct one. eg. 2021 in Australia, or 2020/2021 in the Northern hemisphere.
5. Click to proceed
6. Check the Confirmation of Rollover details carefully on the screen
7. Click Process button to continue or Prev to go back
8. Wait a few moments for the changes to process
The green success message appears in top left hand corner of screen, and when clicked, shows:
9. Click Cohorts > to add your new incoming cohort for this year, e.g. Prep for Primary or P-12, or Year 7 for higher school
10. Enter the Name of the incoming Cohort to reflect the year this Class will graduate
NB: If you need to add a new Academic Level Click the Academic Level tab, click +Add Academic Level to add the new level, then go back to steps 9-16.