Infiniti FreshStart is a process that allows you to populate a new Infiniti library catalogue automatically. FreshStart imports bibliographic records from SCIS Cataloguing Services or similar service to populate a new or existing Infiniti database. Your school will need to have a current SCIS membership to facilitate this process. The Concord Support Team will populate your new Infiniti database on your behalf using your completed template.
The population process commences after your library team prepares and shares with us your completed spreadsheet (we recommend Google Sheets as the sharing environment). The process of populating a 20,000 book Infiniti database requires approximately 24 hours to complete from commencement date.
Populating Your FreshStart Google Sheet
Create a new Google Sheet using this sample template as your guide (you can use Microsoft Excel as an alternative). This spreadsheet can be:
- Prepared locally, or
- Sourced from your book publisher/supplier
Locally Prepared Spreadsheet
For efficiency use a barcode reader to:
- Scan the ISBN of each book you want catalogued into the ISBN column of your Google Sheet.
- Scan the barcode label of the book/title associated with the ISBN into the Barcode Label column of your Google Sheet. Note: If you have multiple copies of a book/title, repeat the ISBN for each of each copy and scan the barcode label of each copy - create one (1) row for each.
- Record the section of the library where the book will be shelved/located into the Library Section column of your Google Sheet. Note: If you have multiple copies individual copies can be shelved in different sections.
- Record the name of the library where the book will be located into the Name of Library column of your Google Sheet. Note: If you have multiple copies individual copies can be shelved in different libraries.
- Repeat steps 1 and 4 for every book.
- When complete, share your Google Sheet with Concord Support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Every cell in your spreadsheet must have a value - cells cannot be empty.
- Do one section at a time, e.g., scan all the ISBNs and matching barcode labels for fiction books, followed by all the ISBNs and matching barcode labels for non-fiction books.
- Once a section is complete (you can add more later) use the Google Sheets copy function to quickly record the section for the complete section.
- If your books do not have barcode labels already attached you can generate pseudo barcode labels for each ISBN using Google Sheets auto number increase function after the ISBNs of all books without barcode labels have been scanned.
Supplier Prepared Spreadsheet
After purchasing a set of books, your supplier may provide a CSV file containing the ISBN of each book/title purchased. This CSV file can be edited to add the additional columns identified above. CSVs cannot be directly imported.
Note: It is critical that there is a one-to-one correspondence between each ISBN and the respective barcode label of each copy of the book.