Using Infiniti Z3950 cataloguing, or Z-cataloguing, you can add a new bibliographic record to your catalogue using a compliant Z3950 source or update an existing bibliographic record in your catalogue using a Z3950 source.
1. Add a New Bibliographic Record to Your Catalogue
Go to: Cataloguing
- Scan ISBN, or title to find and/or create a bibliographic record. Note: If a match is found in your collection then you already have the bibliographic record. If you wish to update the existing bibliographic metadata for that record, you may refer below to 2. Update an Existing Bibliographic Record in Your Catalogue. Otherwise, you may wish to add a new copy or copies to the existing Bibliographic record.
- If 0 resources are found in your My Libary, proceed to the next step.
- Click on a suitable Z39.50 source (eg. SCIS) to search from the list on the left.
- Matching record/s found at the chosen source will be displayed.
- Click import recordicon on the right hand for the matching record.
- The Bibliographic record will open on the screen.
- Once imported, review the record, check the Media type is as expected and make any necessary edits.
- Save if changes are made.
- Clicktab to add the individual copies or holdings information for this bibliographic record.
2. Update an Existing Bibliographic Record in Your Catalogue
- Scan barcode or ISBN, or search by Title to locate the existing bibliographic record.
- Click the catalogueicon for the matching record.
- If the bibliographic record displayed has a valid ISBN displayed, click the Z39.50 icon:
- Choose the Z39.50 source from the drop down list
- choose to completely overwrite the existing record, or
- choose to overwrite the the existing record ignoring notes, collation, and abstract in the existing record.
- If the bibliographic record displayed does not have a valid ISBN displayed:
- Scan the ISBN (if available) into the bibliographic record, save the record, and then click the Z39.50 icon , or
- Search by title, but choose the correct record carefully when a list presented.
- Choose the Z39.50 source from the drop down list.
- Choose to to completely overwrite the existing record, or
- Choose to to overwrite the the existing record ignoring notes, collation, and abstract in the existing record.