You can take creative control and put some flare onto your library homepage. LibBase is a customisable, shared single portal interface that allows the library manager to publish a variety of information in one location to all patrons. When activated it becomes the home page or landing page for all patrons whenever they login. Infiniti LibBase empowers you to display your library portal as a you have always wanted to.
LibBase is a single portal suitable for schools requiring a simple way to enrich the student interface. Schools wanting to implement multiple portals should review LibPaths.
LibBase is a single portal consisting of:
- a single canvas,
- displaying one or more portlets (small windows),
- containing embedded widgets of information,
- all laid out in an attractive presentation,
- which all patrons see when they use your catalogue.
Go to: Configure > LibBase
LibBase is a blank canvas for creating a single portal which will become the home page for all patrons. Editing tools allow you to create columns in the ratio you choose from the templates, and to populate the resulting portlets with content of your choosing.
- Createyour LibBase canvas. Note: Creating or activating your LibBase canvas is an irreversible process however the standard LibBase display looks similar to the standard OPAC display.
- After LibBase is activated Search on the side menu will be replaced with LibBase and the option will relocate to the top of the left-hand menu list for management display.
- Optionallyto display a name, e.g., Search, OPAC, Home Page. Note: This menu display is seen by library managers only. Patrons do not see the menu.
- Set preferred column layoutto choose the number of vertical columns you wish to use:
- One - portlets occupy the entire row. Note: This is useful for a carousel-type displays.
- Two - portlets occupy two columns. Note: There are multiple two column displays to choose from.
- Three - portlets occupy three columns. Note: There are multiple three column displays to choose from.
- - this will provide a range of portlet widgets which can be added from the canvas. There are two types of content:
- Search Infiniti - standard catalogue search options.
- Text Widget - WYSIWYG Editor for messages, embedded images, embedded media.
- Popular Searches - most popular searches by logged in patron's peers.
- Resource Carousel - a range of resources presented as a carousel. My Lists may also be fed into a Carousel. eg.
- RSS Feed - Really Simple Syndication news feeds.
- Twitter Timeline - twitter channel.
- My Profile - profile of logged in patron.
- YouTube - YouTube media.
- Search Trove - search of Trove resources.
- Search JStor - search of free online JStor resources.
- Junior Legacy PicPac search interface for younger students:
- Static PicPac - flat search interface.
- Dynamic PicPac - moving search interface.
- PicPac Search Bar - standard catalogue search options.
- After selecting a widget, populate it as required.
- Show/hidethe portlet to patrons.
- Editthe portlet.
- Deletethe portlet.
- Move widgets around the canvas by dragging the coloured header of each message.
To add or edit a link behind an icon in a portlet:
3. click on the link icon
4. add or edit the URL
5. click OK
6. click Update